Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 8, 2009

Here's the lilac that Mimo shared with us last fall -- it seems to be very happy. I just need the contractor to get his buckets out of the way so it can really stretch out!
This dwarf irises are struggling through the concrete, too - but seem happy.


The hellebores are gorgeous this year.



Roger's buckeye is getting ready to bloom.



That camellia just won't quit!


The hellebores are in full bloom.






These pretty grecian windflowers are coming up in my pansies along 10th avenue.















I cut my climbing yellow rose back yard - hope I didn't go overboard!






The retaining wall is up and waiting for stone . . .






































I dug this plant up from the perennial border in the front yard - to make room for a new Tardive hydrangea that we bought this weekend. I couldn't remember what it was at first, so simply transplanted into the new side yard garden -- later I remembered that it was a volunteer of the swamp sunflower (helianthus) that I have.









I planted two flats of pansies (violet and dark purple) in the front bed.












The crab apples just won't drop off even though the trees are getting ready to bloom!











No comments: