Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26, 2009






























































































































































































































































This baptisia has gotten too big - I need to expand the whole front border of this bed so that the baptisia doesn't hang out over the edge so much!























This beautiful white cleome self-seeded from plants earlier this summer and managed to flower all within the second half of the summer.























I think I'm going to rip these knotwood (persicaria?) out -- they were recommended by White Flower Farm but have not done anything -maybe they need more sun.























We have had lots of rain for the past few weeks and the garden is looking a bit ragged. It has made me try to focus on what I need to do for later in the fall or next spring. First of all - this front bed needs some more room! The Rozanne geraniums continue to do well, but the coneflowers need more elbow room.




















































I

I have never seen this before -- these zinnias should have been deadheaded but evidently set seed - which actually sprouted on the flower head! I guess that's from all the rain we've had!

























No comments: